European Voluntary Service (EVS)
European Voluntary Service in Germany
EVS or European Voluntary Service is a program for young people who want to volunteer in an organization abroad. The program is funded by the European Union. At the same time, it is a partnership between two organizations, one of which acts as a sending organization, the other is a receiving organization. Volunteers are mainly employed in the field of culture, sport, youth and environmental protection. Average duration of the voluntary service is 6-12 months. But there are also short-term projects of 2 months, less often for 3 weeks.
Frame dates of EVS
All EVS accredited organizations and their main topics can be found in the database of Erasmus +.
- Age range from 17 to 30 years
- English language skills are desired. It is also advantageous, if the applicant is able to speak the language of the destination country
- Strong interest in and commitment to the activities of the organization
Financing of EVS
- Accommodation and catering
- Health, accident and liability insurance
- Pocket money (the amount depends on the host country)
- Language course (possibly online)
- Visa costs
- Travel costs (the trip from home country to the EVS-country and back)
Advantages and goals of EVS
- Discovery of a new culture
- Learning a new language for the volunteer
- Invaluable experience
Because we are only a small organization, unfortunately we can only be available as a sending organization to young people from our region (Dresden / Saxony). In addition, you would have to take care of your own hosting organization, and the EVS database can help you with that.
If this is not a problem for you, then we look forward to hearing from you and getting to know you in a personal conversation.
European Voluntary Service is fostered by ERASMUS+ with funds from the European Union.